Sunday, September 2, 2007

there is something about love
that makes me uneasy
something about the roses and doves,
that makes my heart go dizzy.

everywhere you go,they follow,
as if the whole world they've swallowed,
be it a park or a lonely road on a windy night-
the lovers are never out of sight!

there is something about love,
that makes fools out of wise men,
they stop living their lives,spend time instead,
fretting in stupid cupid's den!

they say can't buy me love-
and yet spend all their money on valentine-
ditch thei friends,fight with family
just to hold hands and say, "you're mine!"

there is something wrong about love,
a virus attack has more mercy,
"my heart was hers the day i saw her"
says the next door 10 year old percy.

there are dating books,much like maths-
equations to get into her mind,
romances fall in days,soul mates fight like hell,
how is this life's greatest find??

tell me i am crazy,but i think,
love is a devil in a pretty pink dress,
i like my evenings quiet and my money safe,
to fall in love seems such a mess!

ther is something false about love,
breaking hearts,killing dreams-
so let me sleep in my world not messed up by love,
becuz baby,love ain't as great as it seems!

2 comments:

Quaint Murmur said...

I have to disagree with you on this one :)
Love is beautiful when you have it, and when you lose it, it can be devastating, very much like every second that makes up life itself.
I hope you find love some day, and that you don't see it through a cynic's eyes.
And then if you find love and lose it, I hope you can still look at the world without the cynic's glasses, because nothing is worth being bitter or cynical over for long.

You write brilliantly. I especially like the poetry. I will surely come back when I can find the time.

Dhrubo said...

thank you for the compliment...i still don't know how to respond to any query...
but anyway,i may seem a cynic but i really love the feeling of being in love...its just the cavalier sort of casual affair and all this farce about dating which frustrates me.this ain't a commentary on love,this is about what we have made out of it!