Wednesday, September 19, 2007

one night


it was one day,
late at night-
that i,deep in sleep,suddenly woke up-
it was a dark room as i fumbled for light-
knocking over books and a cup.

as my senses slowly returned,
i drew the cutains apart,
and stared out into the clear summer night,
suspicious at what had stirred my heart.

it was a starless night,dark as adeath-
the air was still as if in a grave strewn with flower wreaths,
fragments of milky clouds wafted by,
like specks of paint in a black dye-

seemed that the darkness was within me,
pining in my miserable solitude,
i was as lonely as one can be,
there just seemed no joy to be viewed.

the streets looked deserted,forelorn...
the trees solemnly grieved-
and i sat atop my mountain,
entagled in the life i'd wieved.

more clouds floated by,as if to ligt up the sky,
as memories of the past engulfed me...
i realized that time was passing me by...
maybe this is why people are afraid to die!

as they say,the roses had died...
and it was the dawn of winter,
where the evenings were bleak and the mornings filled with sorrow...
i'd begun to wish there wouldn't be a tomorrow.

but while the sad song played in my heart,
i knew there wasn't anyone i could run to-
i had just to hold on,even if i wished to let go,
i had to pass the nights,for my friends and even my foes.

i didn't pretend there would be a better dawn-
i just knew i had to go on...
as the clouds flitted by a melancholy sky,
i couldn't allow myself to die!

like the stars waited for their chance to peep,
i had to wait for joy as i continued to weep,
and thus i cried no more,though it still hurt deep...
i just closed the window and went back to sleep.

0 comments: