Thursday, September 6, 2007

the pursuit of happiness


i woke up in the morning-
sunlight streaming through the window-
a bright new day...
the sun shining over the mist-
light to forge a new way।



and as i sat reclined on the bed,
in the land of the sad and the newly-wed,
the air was filled with such hope,
the prospects of future in it,i read.



i went out,threw a party,
remained busy all day
and while the sunshine remained,made hay.



i sang,i danced and the morning thus turned to noon-
and into my work,i swooned.
big offices big posts,fat salary-that was my story
never realized my real life was going hunky-dory-



and the cycle of life thus continued to turn,
in my job,my parties i still burned,
raised a family in the sunset valley,
and thought it would wait for me,the happiness that i earned!



and the noon turned to evening,

left me busy as ever,but still pining,
there is so much to do,so muh to earn-so little time;
there was no end to my whining.



and while that day,i sat in the park-
and watched the birds go by-
i realized it was the sunshine that made me feel alive.
and that morning wasn't the beginning,
it was happiness,that very moment!



and while i was lost in thought,the sun-
had traversed the bright red sky,.
and as night fell i could understand why,

through the spring,the summer,the autumn and fall....
i hadn't..i hadn't quite lived at all!

0 comments: