Thursday, September 20, 2007

the hour

he told me to hold his hand,
he had from me,no other demand,
he told me not to fear,
he kept me alive when none was near.

it was a windy day...
there were thorns on my way-
amidst the despair and the gloom
he was the one shieding me from doom.

he held out his hand to clasp mine,
to lead me out of the final ravine,
he assured me we would be just fine,
i'd live,even if his life was on the line!

he said there would be a storm that day,
and we had to be together to survive it all,
"the twister can never touch you while you're with me",
"i'd be your hero,so that you can walk tall"....

but something held me back,
i didn't hold out my hand that time,
maybe i had grown bold,didn't need him,
i thought,alone i could be just fine!

i needed no caring arm,
i can fight my battles alone..
he was startled as i walked away,
there was nothing that he could do or say.

maybe i had grown too bold,
in his shadow,following whaever he told,
maybe i thought,i'd done it all aone,
while his blanket saved me from the bitter cold.

he warned me again about the storm,
i just blew him away,
it was a clear day..told him to care for himself now,
there would be no storm that day!

there was the glorious sun overhead,
i was convinced he just wanted to scare me dead,
i thought he was carfty and evil,
i told him to walk away without a word being said...

he held out his lhand one last time,
told me to hold and i'd be just fine,
i abused him,for everything he was to blame....
with satisfaction,watched him disappear round the bend,
and that was when the storm came...

1 comments:

prasenjit said...

amazing poem..........I liked the personification very much.