Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Round the bend


Walking down the road with a friend,
I suddenly come across a bend...
I turn and don't find him there-
Searched for him everywhere,nowhere could I find;
Was he true,did he pretend...
Leaving me stranded on that bend?

We were so happy chatting.
Walking among the leaves cheerfully-
Perhaps life's like this,
The person you want the most
is the one you miss!

Maybe its a big journey,
You walk over and over again...
Be it shine or rain,
smiles or pain-

Every morning a new destiny,
YOU walk the stretch alone,
Yes you'll find friends...
Who'll disappear round the bend!

Smiles and memories,
The good time and the tears,
Yes,you'll share...
But you will leave it with the dust and walk ahead!

Tomorrow is a new day-
A different way!
A new pal to take you away...
To soar,to fly.....to spread yuour wings in the bright blue sky!!

And that is all I learnt,
while I stood stranded on bend...
Waiting for my new best friend!

5 comments:

Butterfly said...

Lovely!:-)

That's the only word I can say. It's difficult to write poems that are both meaningful as well as well-written. But, you have done it so nicely!

Scribbles! said...

reading this...saddens me.

Scribbles! said...

its somewhat like ur earlier post the trip back home...

Deepali said...

But you will leave it with the dust and walk ahead!

Yup.

Life goes on whether you like it or not right.

Dhrubo said...

yes Deepali..you are right.Life does sometimes hit you hard but the test is whether you can get up..
And scribbles,why sad?
Thank you Madam Sinjini...I never find meaning in what I write!