Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I should have written long ago...indeed I have been planning to write for the past one month.But there was one thing which always stood in the way.The fact that I am terribly lazy.But not today!The giant has woken from his slumber to bore you people again.
I wanted to respond to Sinjini's tag long long ago but couldn't....
I am not much of a bibliophile but here goes...

Total number of books I own:

I am not really sure since they lie all around me and I never tidy them up but there must be more than twenty of them,I think.

Last book I bought:
Collected Short Stories of Chekhov

I am currently reading:
The Picture Of Dorian Gray(It was a Titash inspiration and I want to read it forever)
Note To Self:Should really get started on some of those course books.

3 books I started reading but never completed:
I am really ashamed for this...
Dostoevsky's Crime And Punishment
Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse
And lastly,a huge chemistry book that my mum had bought for me with the misplaced hope that I would be interested.


One book which I gave to somebody else, but never got back:
I don't generally give away books to such hopeless people so that has never happened.Or maybe it has and I have forgotten everything about it.

Total number of E-books I own:
I am afraid,none.I do read on the net occasionally but I do not like the experience.My eyes water and my neck hurts.Moral:Reading on the net isn't good for elephants.


My most treasured books:

Mrs. Dalloway...Virginia Woolf
The Harry Potter collection(They cost a fortune!)
Pride and Prejudice....Jane Austen
and every book in my home that I haven't read.


Who am I going to tag?
Quaint Murmur...I just hope she doesn't take as much time as me to respond!

PS-Titash...was that interesting?

5 comments:

Deepali said...

I also have trouble understanding how people can 'enjoy' reading an e-book. It's the worse way to read a book if you ask me.

Butterfly said...

I am so glad that you don't read e-books!:-)
And, those books have really got to be good, especially the stories by Chekov.

Anonymous said...

It was interesting as well as reavealing!

We share some favourites, Chekhov for example.

Unlike most people replying this tag, I read e-books, I have read a lot of books in the electronic version without any feeling of guilt, except that most of them were pirated!

Hope you enjoy Dorian Gray! I personally loved it!

Quaint Murmur said...

I'm going to respond to the tag here, because I always feel like I'm boasting if I focus on the books I'm reading/ I own/ I read!

Total number of books I own:

I've never counted. But they will run into a few hundred.

Last book I bought:
The collected short stories of Roald Dahl

I am currently reading:
A Walk in the Woods-Bill Bryson. City of Djinns- William Dalrymple. Gitanjali- Rabindranath Tagore.

3 books I started reading but never completed:
What Should I Do With My Life?- Po Bronson
Dance Dance Dance- Haruki Murakami
Adam Bede- George Elliot.

One book which I gave to somebody else, but never got back:
A Night to Remember- the Titanic story pieced together by survivors.

Total number of E-books I own:
None!

My most treasured books:
Hmmm..I love all my books. But Gitanjali would rank among the top few. Also my collection of Agatha Christie and Enid Blyton books. Not to forget my World Book Encyclopedia!

Dhrubo said...

Thank you for responding to the tag...