Thursday, January 29, 2009

Compy

Sold my computer today. They disconnected every little part and detached it from the body and lay them on the dusty floor. The cables strewn across the floor, the monitor black and the speakers looking mangled, it was the final hour. Eight long years had passed with numerous mess-ups, innumerable crashes, millions of curses hurled at the now black monitor, lots and lots of thumps and slaps on its metal body.
The final piece has been removed now. I am moving. And moving on. My new home has no place for the old junk. Its someone else's junk now. A new history is about to begin. I can almost hear the weird noises it used to make when starting up...and I know its all in my head now.

9 comments:

Butterfly said...

This is really touching and I can understand your sentiments because my computer is six years old now and has given me trouble. But, its still one of my best friends...

Titash said...

I think about mine, the one I left back at home in possession of my sister!

Yeah I miss it sometimes.

Dhrubo said...

I am surprised so many feel like me...*Hugs them.*

Puneet said...

Well you made me remember my computer which I left at home, i think i will call my mom and ask her how my pc is...

Dhrubo said...

Aah....Tell me what you find out.

Deepali said...

:) its always a little better when there is something to replace that which you are leaving behind.

Puneet said...

Well it is getting old it seems. haha. It has gone dumb(the speakers gave away it seems), I think I will give it a by-pass surgery when I will go back.

Dhrubo said...

Deepali...maybe, I dunno.

Dhrubo said...

Puneet...sad. I hope it is alright.