Sunday, February 15, 2009

Back from Delhi. And exhausted. It was fun because I knew I was coming back. Home. Kolkata.

Walking down a road at 4 in the morning in the biting chill can be uplifting. I saw people in new light. Sometimes what we project ourselves to be is not really what we are. Old friends or dusty memory or 7 pegs of whisky is perhaps what it takes to bring us out. At 4, I realized wild partying intoxicated teens aren't demons. They are perhaps better people than us.


A friend loves babies. I hate them. I love him.

Inhaled more smoke this time around than any other past trip. All sorts of drugs went around. In the haze, things became clearer. "Living your life" isn't such a cliched line after all. The problem is, people tend to get lost in the haze. And I am talking not just about the "addiction". I am talking about themselves.

I am glad to be back. Kolkata lets you be. Delhi made things clearer. But it takes Kolkata to have a clear eye.

8 comments:

Puneet said...

Well mostly we don't really project ourselves in the true way. but boozing helps u think that ur true self is the best and maybe it is so...

Dhrubo said...

I didn't booze. I hence saw.

Butterfly said...

'Sometimes what we project ourselves to be is not really what we are.' Interesting thought...Makes me wonder why we do it...Are we scared?

Titash said...

Are you in the process of discovering yourself?

And Kolkata,

City of Joy, boy, city of Joy!

Dhrubo said...

Sinjini...yes, we are.

Dhrubo said...

Titash, I am in the process of discovering others.

Esmo said...

8 pegs dude...8 pegs...not funny!!!

Dhrubo said...

Jaani...insane. Love you anyway.