Friday, April 10, 2009

Haven't been in the mood to write anything for quite some time now. I am not depressed, perhaps in love. "In love" sounds very very tacky. And I hate tacky.

At a play yesterday, something quaint happened. A friend called me up during the interval. She was outside the theatre. Went out in search of her; met the guards outside. They enquired if I had vacant seats beside mine. I nodded. They let her in...told her to go enjoy the play. The perks of Kolkata.

I am not upbeat, hence I type this out very very fast, cuz I am sure I will lose the will to type in a matter of seconds. It has happened quite a few times over the past few days.

Something is changing. I am very aware of that. I am not sure if it is a good thing though. 3 months remain of my teenage. I will be turning 20 this fall. I will miss this age.
I know it has neither been a tumultuous ride nor have I really "grown up into a man" over the past 6 years. I wasn't a normal teen and so probably I won't be a normal adult. I miss being young. I miss going to school. I miss open spaces. Huge expanses. Roads. Cows. I miss eating in. I miss the person I was.

7 comments:

Butterfly said...

Teenage gives us plenty of fun before those big jobs and responsibilities which we face once we are in our 20s. And, those duties never seem to leave us...So,I understand why you are sad about turning 20 this fall. Its true that teenage life can give us some of the worst moments of our life too, but the enjoyment overshadows the unhappiness...

Shalmi said...

I thought you were older than 19. So maybe you're ahead of your time! Anyway, birthdays don't matter. I stopped having birthday parties when I realized I didn't feel much different.

Tacky- adj. Something cheap or tasteless, though perhaps colourful and bright.


Love? You really think so?

Dhrubo said...

Sinjini,
You're right. Its a blessing being young.

Dhrubo said...

Love...I really really feel so. Thinking isn't really my forte.

Titash said...

I wonder if I Dhrubo I knew will change! Ever . .

Dhrubo said...

Titash, I hope not.

Kanchan said...

Hey...you've given your blog an interesting name - Words are dead leaves. Although I'm not sure I would've made the same comparision :)
Keep writing...I hope the will to write gets stronger.