Monday, October 13, 2008






Walked into the room, he did,
while I wasn't looking.
He crept up behind me
like old white spiders I couldn't see.
He looked at the mirror
where I was trapped.
In the layers of silver sinking,
the face of a laughing boy.
He roughly took hold of me,
And made me face him,
I tried to hide amidst the layers of satin.
He peeled off me the attire,
I should never have had on.
He tried to see if the boy was still there.
Amidst the purple shimmer of his mum's wear.
And all he saw that night was me
And not the boy he wanted to see.
He took in a deep breath and
for a moment did pause,
My father beat me then,
for what I never was.

6 comments:

Dhrubo said...

The idea isn't mine. The execution is.

SPIRITed! said...

Aaaahhh! Boo-ti-phool!

the dreamer.... said...

really really nice....idea and execution both...

Butterfly said...

You sound like Gabriel Garcia Marquez...

Dhrubo said...

I do? Seriously?
Naah.....

Shalmi said...

not really marquez... simpler than that, because you're looking through the eyes of a child... i like how you used the picture to suggest the mood...

nice, nice.