Monday, September 22, 2008

Its one in the morning. And I am researching stuff for a conference later in the day. The world,as I look out of my window, is dark and quiet, just the way I like it. Of late, blogging has become too much of an imposition and less of a pleasure. Hence I have putting it off.

I have been busy. And strangely,busy with things I like doing. None of them have a direct bearing with my college course but I like doing them anyway. I meet new people, do new things. I hardly find time to go through my favourite blogs nowadays, much less update mine. A year ago, I had nothing else to do. I just read and blogged and listened to music.
I have been reflecting on my past year for the past two whirlwind weeks. I was incredibly thankful for having too many engagements to be solitary.
I just read my favourite blogs for the first time in 7 months. And I loved it. I had lost the connection somewhere. I searched for it. Old friends from unfamiliar blogs who had moved on with their lives, people whom I knew only from what they wrote; I met all of them tonight. They seemed alien. And I type this out, I am slowly becoming aware of the fact that I am listening to "1973" after almost a year. It feels nice.
I have too much to do almost everyday now. But perhaps I let life pass me by. I liked the moment tonight to pick up the pieces and reminiscence. I sure had met new people. But I had forgotten the old ones.In my haste to be in the thick of things, perhaps I didn't realize how good I had it back then. A year ago.

4 comments:

Butterfly said...

Hmmm...I understand...I guess it always happens like this. We just love our lives the way they are and when something new happens and they change for the better, we tend to forget how happy our lives were before that change took place. We still tend to be happy but there seems to be soemthing missing...

SPIRITed! said...

Busy-ness gives me a satisfaction unrivaled by anything else. 1973 is a brilliant track, though, the only song by Blunt I ever liked.

Deepali said...

It's bound to happen. Life just gets too busy and things just change. But the good thing is that you are having a good life now and when you look back you also consider that time good.

:) enjoy everything...

Quaint Murmur said...

Very familiar sentiments. I have only a few people on my blog roll. And more often than not, even when I want to check for updates, I seem to have no time to.

I do keep checking this, though I haven't commented in ages.

Hope all is well with you. I'm glad you write more often than you do.

:) See you around.